TATA NEXON EV:
moving on to some of its features:
- Can ride up to 312 km in a single charge.
- Have a high power li-ion battery of power 30.2 kWh
- Provide a braking horsepower of 127 bhp.
- Take up to 60 min to charge from 0% to 80% with the fast charging station.
- Take up to 8.5 hours to charge from 10% to 90% with the home charging station.
How to get a free 1000km per month ride with zero bills:
You might be excited to know how to get zero bills. The answer is pretty simple, installation of solar panels. Now the question comes what kind of system should we use to reduce the payback time.
We would personally recommend going with the On-grid solar power systems.
WHAT IS ON-GRID SOLAR POWER SYSTEM?
An on-grid solar power system is a solar power generation system where the system is connected to the utility grid. The electricity produced by the system is then routed to the grid, from where it can be utilized to run the various appliances. The excess power at any point of time is transmitted back to the grid.
The advantages of having on-grid solar systems are :
- Zero bills
- Easy maintenance
- Passive income generation: K.S.E.B pay up to Rs 3.94 tariff per unit.
Now as we decide to install on-grid solar power system we need to calculate power requirements
- An average household with one air conditioner in Kerala uses up to 200 kWh per month.
- To ride Tata Nexon EV 1000 km+ it requires 96 kWh approx.
- So, Overall a 5 kWh on-grid solar power system will be enough.
- The overall payback period of the system will be 3-5 years.
So, why should we switch to Electric vehicle or solar power? The answer is simple it is the future sustainable solution as equal to zero carbon footprint.
The Government of India has ambitious plans to promote electric vehicles and solar power plants in coming time. In Kerala, the road tax for Electric vehicles is only 5%, which very less compared to other vehicles.
Hope that the information is insightful.