SOURA SUBSIDY SCHEME| K.S.E.B SUBSIDY 2021|ROOFTOP SOLAR SUBSIDY 2021|SOLAR PANEL SUBSIDY APPLY ONLINE.
Today we are going to look at the SOURA PHASE II SUBSIDY SCHEME provided the KSEB for the consumers.
- Model I.
- Model II.
- How to apply for SOURA SUBSIDY SCHEME 2021?.
- What is the Fee for applying SOURA SUBSIDY SCHEME 2021?.
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) aims to set up 38 GW of rooftop solar PV projects in the second phase of its ambitious grid-connected rooftop solar photovoltaic programme.
In line with the phase II subsidy program of MNRE and with the approval of state government, KSEB initiates a subsidy program for our domestic consumers. In this subsidy initiative, KSEB introduce three special models (Kerala models) apart from the normal subsidy model. All three Kerala models are based on the average consumption of the consumer and it aims to give financial support to the weaker section there by making them green energy partner of the state.
Consumers can express their interest for installation in any of these models now. Since Kerala has been allocated only 50 MW under this scheme, KSEB will be closing this scheme once it receives 75,000 applications.
SOURA subsidy scheme is mainly divided to two models categorised according to consumer’s daily consumption and focuses on financial support to the weaker section.
- MODEL I Kerala model
- MODEL II Normal subsidy model
Model I Kerala Model
In this model the consumer have to pay only a part of total implementation of the solar panel the rest part is borne to KSEBL. The consumer will be eligible to consume a part of the energy generated for the plant based on your investment.
In Model I its classified into 3 categories.
- 1A for the consumer whose monthly consumption is up to 120 units.
- 1B for the consumer whose monthly consumption is up to 150 units.
- 1C for the consumer whose monthly consumption is up to 200 units.
|Models||Average monthly |
(% of cost)
(% of plant generation)
|Model||Total amount for 2 KW(Rs)||Total amount for 3 KW(Rs)|
- Plant capacity- Solar capacity should of 2 KWp or 3 KWp
- Maintenance- 25 years maintenance will be done by KSEBL
- Economical Benefit- the consumer will always get twice the return of the investment.
- Eligibility Criteria- All domestic consumer whose consumption upto 200 unit.
MODEL II Normal Subsidy Model
Consumer wishes to install the plant investing the whole amount less subsidy, they can choose this option. The consumer will be eligible to consume entire energy generated from the solar plant. Consumer can claim up to 40% of the plant cost as subsidy based on your solar plant capacity. Minimum required plant capacity is 2 KWp
|Plant Capacity||Subsidy (% of cost)|
|up to 3KW||40%|
|4 to 10 KW||40% for first 3 KWp |
20% for each additional KWp
|above 10 KW||26% for 10 KWp and nil for rest.|
|Capacity||Total Amount (Rs)|
any site specific additional work .
- Plant capacity- Minimum solar capacity should of 2 KWp
- Maintenance- 5 years maintenance will be done by KSEBL
- Economical Benefit- The consumer can get subsidy up to 40% .
- Eligibility Criteria- All domestic consumer are eligible.
How to apply for SOURA SUBSIDY SCHEME 2021?
- Visit official website of KSEB Soura Scheme.
- If you are new user click on “New user Registration “
- Fill the required details.
- Login to website to apply for Soura Subsidy Scheme.
- Make the required payment.
What is the Fee for applying SOURA SUBSIDY SCHEME 2021?
The application for Soura Scheme is Rs 1000/- + gst.
Call 1912, 0471-2555544.